Market-focused engineering teams provide innovative solutions designed for years of reliable performance.
We employ a flexible approach to problem solving, enabling our engineering teams to provide application and design support from concept to completion. Our extensive expertise spans a wide range of applications from offshore mooring winches and mining ball mills to high rise elevators and metal mill coilers and high speed elevators.
Wichita Clutch, Industrial Clutch, Twiflex Limited, Formsprag Clutch, Marland Clutch and Stieber Clutch are recognized around the world as leaders in clutch/brake design technology. Recent achievements include:
- Utilized the latest technologies and state-of-the-art materials to develop revolutionary, corrosion-resistant composite water jackets for water-cooled clutches and brakes.
- Designed and manufactured the world’s largest mine
conveyor backstop with a torque capacity up to 1,200,000 lb.ft. and bore sizes up to 23 inches.
Engineering Tools and Systems
- ANSYS FEA
- Teamcenter PLM
- NX CAD & Solidworks
- Labview DAQ
- Energy, Oil & Gas
- Material Handling
- Packaging Machinery
- Renewable Energy
- Aerospace & Defense
are our standard
While our wide array of standard products will meet most customer performance requirements, many customers come to us when they need a brake to function in a different way which cannot be achieved with available standard industry offerings.
Customers have come to rely on our application-based design expertise to develop innovative brake and clutch solutions that will meet or exceed their field performance expectations. Some recent examples include:
- Brake modified to withstand corrosive sea spray and direct sea water splash for mooring winches
- Custom wet brake for world’s largest tidal turbine
- Brake with economical dual-actuator for drilling rig drawworks
- Custom floating design caliper brakes
- Modified standard vent clutch for marine-duty on large sand dredge
- Grinding mill caliper brake with parked-off feature for safer field service
Other typical modifications include:
- Calipers with varying braking force, monitoring switches, paint finish, environmental protection, pad material and disc thickness.
- Clutches and brakes with extended size capacity, unique mounting designs, low temp capability, special paint and logos.
Advanced engineering capability
Our global teams utilize the most advanced engineering tools available including NX CAD & Solidworks, Teamcenter PLM and ANSYS Finite Element Analysis.